The space in our home is limited, no matter how big we perceive our place to be.
Whether you are moving abroad, changing homes or just redecorating your current one, a self-storage facility provides a safe and secure location to store all your belongings for both short- and long-term periods.
Every person has a piece of inherited belonging that they cannot part with. A bed you received for your wedding, a dresser which is beautiful but doesn’t go well with your new house. You may be too attached to these valuables that throwing them away isn’t an option. So, you store them in a room filled with other unused clutter. This results in wastage of valuable space and an overcrowded house.
When we run out of storage space in a section of our house, we keep cramping areas such as attics, basements, garages, and even outside sheds with many things we think we might still use in the future.
The problem with these damp, cold, and dark spaces is that we risk everything we put on them. They could be damaged by humidity, musk, temperature variations, or even get chewed by pests.
To safely store such pieces of furniture and other belongings, and free up space in your home, you can make use of self-storage.
You only need to make sure that your items are appropriately stored using quality boxes and bubble wrap that can protect them for the duration of their stay in the unit.
Convenience for DIY projects
If you plan to repaint your walls yourselves or renovate it with some new woodwork, the chances of your furniture getting damaged are way up. As hard as you may try to keep everything covered and safe, a splash of paint or moving of furniture around the home is bound to give you a loss. Your solution to avoid this problem is to store your furniture in a self-storage unit. You can stow your belongings safely away from all the risk, allowing you the space needed to update your home’s look more easily and with a lot less stress involved.
When you are moving to another city or abroad for education or due to a promotion, leaving your current home is inevitable. A lot of the times you don’t have enough time to sell your belongings, you don’t need all of your furniture right upon moving, or you do not yet have an address to send all your stuff to. At this point, you can use furniture storage to keep your movables safely stored in a secure storage facility where you can access them whenever you need them until you can take them with you once you have a new home to place them.
Take the Initiative to Safe Keep Your Belongings
Self-Storage makes our lives more comfortable as it is. Self-storage units offer you extra protection from environmental damages and theft while giving you the extra space you need to declutter your home.
Short-term Furniture storage:
- You can store excess furniture after downsizing until you decide what to do with it.
- You can use storage services when you move from a place to another, especially if there is a time gap between the sale and moving into the new home.
- You can keep your furniture safe if you are planning to do some redecoration of your house or a deep renovation.
- You can minimize the clutter in your place and make it look more spacious. This is especially recommended if you are trying to sell your property.
Long-term Furniture storage:
- You can store items that have some sentimental value, or collectables that can be resold for a profit as time passes by them. You would need to make sure that these items are insured to prevent any risks.
- You can store your belongings in a safe place if you need to rent out your house, but wish to keep your furniture at hand, for when you return.
This way, you can keep things that are important to you in a place where no harm will come to them.