If you are planning to sell your home, then spring and summer is the perfect time to do so. With better weather and longer days, potential buyers have more time to view homes and see them at their best.
There are plenty of other benefits to selling your home in the summer too. So, it is important that you give yourself the best chance of selling during these months. This is where self-storage can give you that vital edge.
In this post, we discuss all the benefits of selling your home in the spring and summer and why a self-storage unit might be the secret weapon that helps to clinch that quick sale.
Why Spring and Summer Is the Perfect Time to Sell Your Home
Selling your home can be a daunting process, but choosing the right season to do so can make a big difference in the outcome. If you’re planning to sell your home in Ireland, spring and summer are definitely the two best seasons.
Here are just some of the main reasons that the warmer seasons are the perfect time to sell your home:
- Weather: Okay, so the Irish summer can be unpredictable! But it is still the best time of year to showcase your home in the best light. This applies both to your home and your garden.
- Convenient for buyers: Buyers are likely to take advantage of the longer daylight hours for house-hunting. This makes it easier to schedule viewing times when buyers can still see your home at its best.
- Higher demand: Supply and demand market forces apply here! With more people house hunting during the spring and summer, there is a higher chance of getting a quick sale and, potentially, a better price.
- Less disruptive: For both buyers and sellers, spring and summer are less disruptive times for house hunting and selling. This is truer for families with kids, who are more likely to be buying when children. The summer break gives more flexibility to move and settle in before the schools return.
- Garden and outdoor features: For sellers with gardens, the summer and spring let you showcase them to their full potential. Summer blooms and a well-tended lawn are far more appealing than a wet miserable, half-light winter’s day.
These are just some of the reasons why spring and summer are the best times to sell your home. But, with such a short selling window, you need to make the most of the opportunity. This is where a self-storage unit can help you maximise the opportunity.
Benefits of Using a Self-Storage Unit When Selling Your Home
Let’s face it, the Irish spring and summer can be glorious, but they aren’t the longest of seasons! It makes complete sense then to make sure that you give yourself every chance of a successful sale. A self-storage unit might be the best ally you can have to help achieve this.
Here are some compelling reasons to consider a self-storage unit when selling your home.
Decluttering Your Home
This is one of the most important things you can do when preparing your home for selling. Part of the problem with clutter is that it just kind of sneaks up on you without you noticing!
But a cluttered home is not something that showcases your property at its very best. Using a self-storage unit to store all those excess belongings lets the natural space and light of your home shine through.
Easier to Keep Clean
Keeping on top of the housework is difficult at the best of times, but it is far more difficult when buyers are frequently viewing your home. A self-storage unit can make keeping the house spotless a whole lot easier. By removing excess furnishings and personal belongings, self-storage can make it simple to keep your home “viewing ready.”
Self-Storage Is Cost-Effective
Considering the benefits, including a potentially quicker sale, a self-storage unit is a cost-effective way of maximising your home’s sale potential. Self-storage units come in a range of sizes, and no long-term contracts are required. This means that you only have to pay for the space you need for as long as you need it, and no more.
Better yet, you will be surprised at just how reasonably priced units can be.
Clear Those Storage Spaces
It is always tempting just to stuff excess belongings and clutter into the attic or garden shed and think that the job’s done. But these can often be selling points that buyers are interested in (after all, everyone has their own clutter!). By clearing these spaces, you make sure that every inch of your home is optimised for enticing a quick sale.
A Self-Storage Unit Helps When the Sale is Completed
Finally, once the sale is complete, a self-storage unit can also help with the moving. Not only are all your excess belongings and clutter already safely stored away and ready to be moved into your new home, but they also offer a perfect temporary storage solution to help you prepare for the big day.
Self-Storage: An Essential Partner When Selling Your Home This Summer
At U Store It, we can help you make the most of the hottest time of the year to sell your home! With facilities throughout Ireland, our modern, clean, and secure units can make the difference between a sale this summer and waiting it out for another year.
Why not contact us today to find out more about how we can help you sell your home this spring and summer?